2011年4月19日 星期二

Bach's Project

3. Symphonies
I have heard Symphonies Op.6 nos 1-6

Bach left some 60 symphonies as well as 20 concertante symphonies for one or more solo instruments, not counting 30 solo fortepiano or harpsichord concertos.

I feel brightness, freedom from sorrow, joy in the symphonies. The scope of the orchestra is relatively small compared to the Mahler's. It's simple and relax.

Some famous works of Bach that u can't miss:
1. Minuet in G major, BWV Anh. 114
Im sure most ppl hv heard this piece when we were a kid. It's a minuet which is for dancing. The rhythm is simple.
2.Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
It's the 10th movement of the cantata Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben, BWV 147. The piece is so sweet and it's a paise to God. There are lyrics and u can sing along. I feel sacred and warm when I listen to it.
3.Cello suites No.1 Prelude
I feel quite tranquil when I listened to it. I love the arpeggiated chords and the increasing intensity of the piece.
4.Toccata and Fugue in D minor
It is often used at Halloween and for horror films and is a piece of organ music.

沒有留言:

張貼留言