2012年8月16日 星期四

Documenta 13-Etel Adnan

I'm happy to visit the worldly famous art exhibition, Documenta 13
Just want to record some of the nice artworks:)
First one: Etel Adnan


Etel Adnan was born in 1925 and raised in Beirut, Lebanon. Her mother was a Greek from Smyrna, her father, a high ranking Ottoman officer born in Damascus. In Lebanon, she was educated in French schools.
She studied philosophy at the Sorbonne, Paris. In January 1955 she went to the United States to pursue post-graduate studies in philosophy at U.C. Berkeley, and Harvard. From 1958 to 1972, she taught philosophy at Dominican College of San Rafael, California.

Apart from a painter, she is a author and poet!

38 untitled paintings are shown in the Documenta 13:





Etel Adnan:  "Painting is something else, a language without a language problem - an unknown, abstract world with endless possibilities. There is in it logic, a truth, a directness guided by intuition that remains elusive in words. If I want to express the spirit of a place, an emotion, an idea, I paint; if I want to describe or comment on it, I write…" 

Abstract art was the eq. of poetic expression. I didn't use the words, but colour and lines

My comment: I feel a sense of tranquility in her abstract paintings. The colours speak and express themselves:) I also can feel the joy of colour


沒有留言:

張貼留言